Wednesday, 23 March 2016

Mom..

Hey mom, I miss you
And I know, that you must too
I miss having you by my side
Fondling my head, sitting on my bedside
Mom, I miss that warmth of your embrace
Mom, I miss that reassuring smile on your face.
Mom, I miss the comfort of your lap
I miss watching you stand in the audience and clap.
Today my eyes don't search the crowd
'Cause I know mom, there is no one there, shouting out loud
Telling me it's ok if I make mistakes
No one is there mom, to sacrifice it all for my sake.
Mom, I miss the way you cared about me when I was ill,
Staying awake the whole night, handing me those pills.
Mom, I miss that welcome hug you give me when I return
You took it all on you mom, each wound, every burn.
Mom, I miss being carried away by the smell of what you cook,
Mom, I miss you dressing me up, telling me how pretty I look.
Mom, you can be anything and everything for me,
But mom, nothing ever, can be you.

No comments:

Post a Comment