Composing a Verse...
I began to write a verse
Sitting on my desk, thoughtful and immersed
Willing as I was, but with an empty mind
Looked for an inspiration, yet there was none to find
I thought of sparkling waters, and a lushly green plains
Tried to provoke my imagination, but all in vain
Should I make it inspirational, about devotion and duty?
Or an enthralling piece, on nature's beauty.
Should it be about a benevolent king?
Or a fantasy fiction 'bout a magical ring.
And I tried to weave the lines
Into a nice and beautiful rhyme
Yet, I couldn't bring myself to compose
Just a few lines of sensible prose.
I tried one last time with all my might
But Alas! No thought came to my sight
And my verse ended as early as it began
Willing to write, as I was, I did all I can
Sitting on my desk, I wished to write something of worth
That day, I had tried to begin, composing a verse.

No comments:
Post a Comment